The secret most trainers don't want you to know...
What to expect in the first week
Before you start with your first healthy habit, I'm going to show you how to get the most out of this program by giving you the lowdown on cues, routines, and rewards
Let's be honest...you already know what to do...
Habit Catalyst is the world's most effective healthy habit building system for women who don't have time.
Each day you get push reminder asking if you did your habit the day before. You will get addicted to chasing that YES button click. And after your check in, you are taken directly to a mini lesson that motivates you to stick with that habit. Deceptively simple and unbelievably effective at creating new healthy habits that last...or it's free.
A FEW LESSONS YOU'LL UNCOVER
Over the next small part of your life when you are part of the club, you will:
- Make friends with willpower so being healthy isn’t so much work and you can get off the guilt train and actually start...liking yourself??!
- Learn to identify what is really you holding you back from your weight loss efforts so you can finally stop making excuses and start shopping for smaller sizes.
- Practice taking small steps to get a long way so you don’t get overwhelmed and set yourself up for failure. Learn to build success momentum and ride that train instead.
- Learn to easiest ways to make habits stick so you can start waking up in the morning feeling proud of yourself and excited to start the day.
- Cultivate extreme self-care so you have more energy for important things like pedicures, reading to your children, and living longer.
- Figure out WHY all this stuff matters so you can get rid of that feeling of discontent and feel like you’re finally on the right path in life.
- Develop habits this year that will work for you for the rest of your years … healthier, happier, easier years that you’ll look back on with a smile instead of regret.
- Expand your awareness of who you are and what you are capable of so that you gain confidence, increase your belief limits and reach for bigger goals.
- Plus one new recipe a week (come one... we both know the first thing you thought of when I suggested getting healthier is all the food you'd be giving up. PS - this isn't about dieting, either)
A FEW HABITS WE'LL COVER
Mini lessons are organized into weekly habits... (seems more doable already, huh?) Here are some habits you'll be playing with:
- Looking backwards
- The social butterfly effect
- The magic of fibre
- Gumby unleashed
- Be a food snob
- Get off FB
- Adopt lazy fitness
- Living Imperfectly
- Just say NO
- Willpower Woes
- Cheating without guilt
- Macros matter
- Tricking yourself
- Posture perfect
- Plus some of the things you've come to expect like water, portion sizes, kale tastes as good as cupcakes brainwashing ... but done in a fun way!!
Get started painlessly
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When does the program start? It starts when you do: the moment you sign up. It doesn't matter if it's the beginning of a calendar year, the first day of spring, or in the middle of a random month. The mini lessons are waiting, and will take you on a journey, one day at a time.
- If I feel ready, can I jump ahead and read more than the day's lesson? The beauty of this program is that the mini lessons become available one at a time. You are free to revisit any lessons that precede the day's message, but will not be able to race ahead. The biggest changes come from the smallest changes over time. Learning not to try and do everything all at once is part of the program.
- What happens if I have to leave town and can't attend to some of the lessons? The program is portable as long as you have your phone or internet. The habits are adaptable and can go with you wherever you go. This is about daily living, not an exercise program you focus on for a week. If you miss some days, that's ok...you can go back and catch up anytime.
- How much does it cost? First 10 days free then $20/mnth...or set yourself up for a year with a one time click at an almost 60% discount...works out to $12.50/mnth...which is $3/week...which is how much you probably spend on coffee each day...and I'm not going to tell you to stop drinking coffee during the next year!!
- What about that $20 for the whole year crap? Don't worry, I haven't forgotten. You just need a group... co-workers, wedding parties, FB friends... groups are a flat rate of $500 for the year and allow up to 25 people. $500 / 25 = $20 a person. If you have 10 people it's still only $100 each for the year. The catch? It's up to you to get the group together. Does your work place have a wellness program??
- Can I get a refund? Yep. Doing the monthly thing? Cancel anytime. Paid upfront? I'll refund the remaining months you have left. But remember... you get 10 days to try it for free (monthly) or take that time to trial it risk free (one time payment). And if you complete 3 months and don't get results, I'll refund your full purchase.*
- How Does It Work? Starting tomorrow, you will receive a new mini lesson every day. Each lesson is yours to keep and you'll be able to refer back to it whenever you want. And if you miss a lesson or are too busy to get to it that day, they will conveniently remain in your app so you won't have to search for them when you're ready to get back to things.
- Am I allowed to exercise? Absolutely! If you already have a fabulous exercise program going then by all means, stick with it :). This program will be an excellent compliment. If you aren't exercising regularly now but decide you might like to at any time during your health hack club time, then I applaud the idea. These habits are not about exercise and can be done as a stand alone...but they can also be done as a side along 😉
Surprise Milestone Bonuses
What is a milestone? They are notable points along your timeline that are worthy of acknowledging with a bonus reward.
This is one of the surprise milestone bonuses you'll get in the Health Hack Club.
Getting into the habit of celebrating little wins is important and while I may not know of all of the wins you achieve, I will know when you've reached a certain point in the program.
Think of it like a birthday but we will celebrate more than just once a year. You can expect this milestone bonus when you complete the trial period. That is a milestone worth rewarding.
Expect other milestone bonuses at random times. If you stick with the program for a year, there will be a very special bonus. But don't worry about that yet. Let's just get you started 🙂
The #1 Secret to Successful Habit Building
Habits are a beautiful thing. Just think, if you had to put forth conscious effort for everything that you did in a day, your brain would be fried and you wouldn’t get much done.
Habits are a great way for the brain to work efficiently and do other things while you are completing the task you need to do. Basically, you are putting the task on autopilot.
This is great for things we WANT to do, but not so great when we are trying to change something we have done for so long.
"Habits make change possible by freeing us from decision making and from using self-control."- Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin
Habits follow a consistent execution formula. Charles Duhigg calls this the habit loop.
It goes like this…
Something or someone cues or triggers you to begin, you follow the routine, then afterwards get some type of reward.
Here is an example most people, especially the younger generation can relate to.
Cue: You get bored.
Routine: You check Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest feed.
Reward: You find a cat video and laugh and feel good which reinforces the feedback look.
Here is another example that might hit home
Cue: You feel stressed out.
Routine: You seek out sugary snacks.
Reward: The sugary snacks give you a quick sugar rush and a shot of dopamine to the brain, all the while distracting you from the stress of the moment.
Understanding that habits work through loops is the important point here. Cue, routine, reward. The first step in changing the pattern or loop is recognizing that it is there and bringing the different components to light.
What this system does is create a positive cue, (the push notification reminder), gives you a routine, (5-10 minutes of self-care to read your mini lesson of the day), and gives you a reward, (the motivation, support and guidance of the mini lesson so you feel focused, organized, and prepared).
PLUS, you will start to get a little high from clicking "YES, I did my habit yesterday". You will start to crave that 'wahoo pat on the back' feeling and you will work harder to ensure you get to click YES the next day.
- When you start feeling better, you'll start being better.
- Lose weight because you're doing the things that make a difference
- Enjoy itchy feet energy...that's 'ready to face the day' awesomeness
- Create lasting, healthy habits for a long, happy life
- Break it down into digestible weekly chunks with the printable guide
Using my signature 'Healthy Habits Without Exercise' program with the Habit Catalyst app will take you step by step, day by day, through a journey that will start out as a weight loss project but will end up taking you so much farther than you could have ever have imagined. This is your life. You got this.
¹ Current Biology, Pontzer et al.: "Constrained Total Energy Expenditure and Metabolic Adaptation to Physical Activity in Adult Humans" http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2015.12.046
* 3 month money back guarantee conditional on actually applying the majority of the habits into your life. If you are not checking in regularly with the tracker, the guarantee will be voided.